About the job
Job Ref No: FVS/PC/11/23
With 17 branches, a strong on-line trading platform and centralised warehousing and distribution facilities
Fane Valley Stores is Northern Irelands leading supplier of animal health and agricultural products to
farmers and the rural community. Our aim is to exceed the expectations of our customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Co-ordinator to join our team at our Head Office in Moira.
e currently recruiting for a Purchasing Co-ordinator to join our team at our Head Office in Moira.
The Purchasing Co-ordinator will support the wider procurement team with product purchasing and the
resupply of products from our centralised distribution centre to the branch network.
• Process branch product resupply requests for the replenishment of stock from the central distribution
centre to the branch network;
• Co-ordinate the purchasing of products and the placement of supplier purchase orders for product supply
to the central distribution centre and direct to the branch network;
• Assist with the maintenance of the product file including cost and retail price management;
• Assist with the identification and procurement of new product lines and the management of redundant
• Previous relevant experience of working in a busy office environment;
• Have strong numeracy and literacy skills with a focus on attention to detail;
• Be a team player with good interpersonal skills for working with internal departments and external
• Have excellent time management, organisational and problem-solving skills;
• Strong IT Skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) and ERP software;
• Ideally have previous experience in a sales or product procurement focused environment;
• Previous experience of dealing with agricultural requisites and an interest in and knowledge of
agriculture would be an advantage.
In return, the company offers an attractive rate of pay and benefits package which includes Healthcare Plan
for employees and their children under 18, Company Pension & Life Assurance, Health & Well-Being strategy which incorporates a range of on-going initiatives and programmes. As well as a strong focus on training and development leading to progression opportunities within the company.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email:
firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (028) 9261 0480 or apply on our GET GOT platform:
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 5.00pm Friday 10th November 2023.