About the job
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the essential criteria and why you would like to work for Young Farmers' Clubs of Ulster to email@example.com. Applications close 9am Thursday 8th February, with interviews anticipated to take place w/c 12th or 19th February.
The Marketing Executive will play a pivotal role in:
• the implementation of the Marketing and Communications Strategy to raise the profile of the YFCU, its members, and key activities, events, competitions and campaigns - using both online and offline channels.
• The creation of a Social Media Strategy and creation of high quality, visually appealing online content that drives the YFCU brand and engages relevant target audiences.
• The implementation a marketing and communications plan for key activities
• Identifying and building on the positive profile of the YFCU through local and regional media.
• Management of the YFCU website, ensuring all content is accurate, of a high standard and uploaded in a timely fashion.
• Maintaining the established relationships with partners and sponsors, as well as sourcing and securing new ones.
• Working with external agency for design and print of Annual Report
The role will cover all elements of marketing and communications, including:
• Social media
• PR and traditional press
• Website management
• Promotion and advertising of competitions and events
• Sponsorship management
• Event management
• Brand management
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Management of the YFCU Social Media accounts - Facebook, X, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and LinkedIn.
• Plan, create and publish original, high quality, creative, and visual content; including photos, gifs, videos, and interviews, using the latest software and apps
• Maintain an active presence across the social media platforms in line with current trends.
• Develop a content planner and create a regular publishing schedule using relevant software tools.
• Promote / boost content through social advertising.
• Enhance audience engagement and interaction.
• Write catchy headlines and content for social media platforms that stand out and grab attention.
• Monitor social media analytics to measure and improve marketing and communication activities to report to sponsors and funders
• Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
• Development and implementation of a Social Media Policy and Best Practice Guidelines for staff and members.
• Work with all staff to ensure an effective social media calendar
PR and traditional press
• Draft and issue press releases on news, competitions, reports, events, sponsorship news, AGM, etc.
• Draft and issue press statements on relevant YFCU matters
• Act as the liaison point for press queries.
• Develop good relationships with journalists and editors, and liaise with them to generate positive coverage.
• Identify media opportunities to generate positive PR for the YFCU and sponsors.
• Arrange photo calls in relation to events, competitions, sponsorship, news, etc. and act as photographer for same, when required.
• Manage relationships with key photographers.
• Editing of photos/videos as and when required.
• Development of a photo library for use in online and offline communications.
• Content management of the YFCU website. Exercise editorial control with
regards to content.
• Upload content on a regular basis, ensuring the website is current and relevant.
• Ensure all content is accurate and error free.
• All news articles, events and competition results should be uploaded in a timely fashion.
• Provide links on social media platforms to the website to increase traffic.
• Monitor google analytics to measure relevant data.
• Rural job finder
• Develop good relationships with current sponsors.
• Source and secure new sponsorship.
• Develop compelling sponsorship proposals to source and secure new sponsors.
• Liaise with sponsors on relevant events, organising photo calls, obtaining and approving quotes, discussing future sponsorship opportunities and managing expectations.
• Assist with the planning, organisation and execution of events, such as the Balmoral Show. Agri food Conference, Arts Gala and leadership programmes.
• Manage the relationship with external design company. Act as liaison point for briefing, design, proofing, approvals quotes, and invoicing.
• Appoint and work with third party suppliers for outsourced work.
• Liaise with suppliers, external agencies, sponsors, partners, key stakeholders, etc. in a professional manner.
• Act as a brand ambassador for the YFCU; represent the brand in person at events and online.
• Provide advice, guidance, training and materials as required for Club Public Relations Officers.
The key responsibilities above give a broad outline of the functions of the post. However, these duties must be approached in a flexible manner. The post holder will be expected to adapt to changing circumstances and undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post as allocated by your line manager as part of working in a small team to deliver for YFCU from time to time.
• Members of staff are expected to treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner in accordance with the Dignity at Work Procedure.
• Staff are expected to demonstrate their commitment to YFCU by their regular attendance and the efficient completion of all tasks allocated to them.
• Staff must take care of their own health and safety and that of people who may be affected by what they do (or do not do).
• Staff must co-operate with others on health and safety, and not interfere with, or misuse, anything provided for their health, safety or welfare.
• Staff must follow the training they have received when using any work items their employer has given them.
• Staff must follow YFCU policy and procedures as outlined in staff handbook
• The post holder will maintain high standards of personal accountability
Person Specification Marketing Executive
• Third level qualification
• CIM/CIPR membership or equivalent
• IDM Professional Qualification
• Digital Marketing Diploma
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a marketing role
• Skilled and experienced in planning, creating and publishing social media content across multiple channels
• Experienced in making presentations to small and large groups at all levels
• Development of a Marketing and Communications Strategy
• Development of a social media strategy
• Experience of content managing a website
• Experience of sourcing and securing sponsors
• Using design applications such as
Skills and abilities
• Excellent digital skills
• Ability to obtain, analyse and present information.
• Able to formulate plans and persuade others to support such plans
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong IT skills, (particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Demonstrates initiative in order to
understand and manage the needs and expectations of others.
• Ability to continually look for ways to reach new audiences
• Proven ability to meet deadlines
• A strong comprehension of digital marketing principles and practices
• Awareness of data protection legislation and principles of data confidentiality, particularly around marketing and data processing.
• Full driving licence and access to a car for business purposes or access to a form of transport that will meet the travel requirements of the post.