Career Opportunities: Electricians Aid
About the job
Starting 4 September 2023 at
Northern Regional College (Farm Lodge Campus)
Interested in gaining skills in cabling?
Join this one - week fully funded training
programme! This industry-led course will cover activities expected from an electrician’s aid to work along with or ahead of the electrician.
Course Delivery & Content
• Cabling: types, gauges, colours, looms etc.
• Cable Routing: clips, conduits, protection sleeves, heat shrink, grommets, etc.
• Terminations: crimping, soldering, etc. safe systems of work.
Participants will also complete
employability skills in:
• Applying for work: CV Building and Application Forms.
• Interview Skills: Interview Preparation and Mock Interviews.
• One to one mentoring is available throughout the programme.
Who can apply?
You must be over 16 years of age and living in the Mid and East Antrim areas.
Preference will be given to those who are economically inactive, long-term
unemployed or under-employed (working less than 16 hours).
• Guaranteed job interview leading to potential employment
• College certificate
• Links to further training programmes