To support in production processes with the flexibility to move between different departments as required, such as, Stores, Material Handling, Drills.
About the job
Job Title: General Operative
Department: Production & Stores
Reports to: Business Unit Leader
Responsible for: N/A
Mixture of temporary 3 month and perm contracts and also Dayshift and Nightshift available.
Stores main tasks and duties:
• Ensure all materials/products are received through correct processes
o goods off load, verify against paperwork and check quality
o Quality check all internal manufactured products/parts before despatch to customer
• Surface finishing parts, such as: Galv prep, bead blasting, Duralac painting, rumbler, etc
• Use of equipment in stores department, grinding, stud welding, guillotine, air riveting, etc
• Ensure customer orders are complete, packaged & despatched
• Ensure shortage identified & logistics
• Report quality issues
• Ensure correct stock management is put away in appropriate location within warehouse environment e.g. racking and shelving
• Maintain excellent housekeeping standards - ensure storage, facility equipment and materials are kept n a neat, clean and orderly fashion
Material Handler main tasks and duties:
• Efficiently unload and store raw material in appropriate areas
• Verify quantity of good received and quality check has been carried out
• Prepare product for next process and deliver to required area of factory
• Conduct stock takes and order stock as required
• Sort cuttings
• Report quality issues
• Maintain the facilities equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion
• On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift
Drills main tasks and duties:
• Operation of the drills
• Operation of tap arms
• Reading and interpretation of engineering drawings
• Prepare and Update Documentation within despatch department e.g. delivery note
Health and Safety:
• Carry out duties at all times in a safe and responsible manner whilst conforming to current Health and Safety Regulations.
• Ensure communications are maintained at the highest possible level with colleagues and keep your Manager advised of impending situations which could develop into more serious problems.
• Develop mutual respect with all employees and colleagues, by ensuring that all dealings are objective and impartial
• Ensure compliance with the Company's Equal Opportunity Policy and maintain a neutral working environment
• Assist in any other activities at the request of Management that may be required to support business needs.
2. General Competencies:
Competencies support and complement the vision, mission and values of the company. They are the behaviours all employees should demonstrate on a daily basis to ensure we meet our business objectives.
• Anticipates & resolves conflict in a win-win manner;
• Is able to influence others through logical communication;
• Provides timely feedback in a constructive way;
• Able to communicate to & on behalf of team.
• Recognises efforts of others & actively listens, encourages those around them;
• Creates a positive team spirit to support the achievement of objectives;
• Ensures the team as a whole is working towards one common goal/purpose.
• Helps develop others’ ideas within the team & drives the team to achieve their goals;
• Defines new processes & implements them;
• Takes risks & makes positive steps even in the toughest of situations;
• Makes positive changes happen, even if they seem impossible at the beginning.
• Adjusts plans & activities to respond to business needs;
• Communicates the need for change & takes account of the bigger picture;
• Provides structures, systems & support mechanisms during change;
• Prepares, coaches and supports others to adapt to large scale change.
• Ensures customer needs are incorporated into department plan;
• Identifies & analyses customer needs & anticipates future needs;
• Sets performance standards for customer service;
• Monitors quality of customer service.
• Encourages creativity in others & supports where necessary;
• Encourages the implementation of innovative solutions in the team & the business;
• Encourages sharing between teams to promote new approaches.
3. Personnel Specification:
• 2 years experience of working within a manufacturing/production environment
• High level of knowledge of reading and understanding numbers
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings
• Knowledge of working with Metal products
• Understanding of production processes from receiving goods in, manufacturing/production, to despatch
• Flexible in approach to work and have an ability to carry out, where necessary, other tasks
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to liaise in a professional manner with customers
• Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications
• Clean driving licence
To find out more or to apply for the position, please contact Charlotte or Lisa via email on HR@hutchinson-engineering.co.uk