Food, Farming and Countryside Commission, GrowIN - Farmer Network Coordinator
GrowIN is a farmer-led network focused on working together, helping each other, sharing stories, ideas and knowledge to drive innovation. We are particularly interested in soil health, biological farming systems, carbon, agroforestry, regenerative grazing, sustainable livestock systems and increasing crop and horticultural production. Joining the existing team of GrowIN associates, the Farmer Network Coordinator will be responsible for growing and developing the GrowIN network of farmers across Northern Ireland, taking the lead on delivering a programme of activity including farm walks, events and webinars, and will be responsible for producing engaging content for the GrowIN website and associated social media channels.
About the job
FFCC is recruiting a Farmer Network Coordinator for our Growing Innovation Network (GrowIN) in Northern Ireland.
This role will suit you if you are:
An energetic person with a strong farming background in Northern Ireland and a positive outlook on life.
A people person who enjoys being out and about as well as a confident communicator. Social media savvy and handy with a mobile phone you will be able to quickly share content and ideas through the GrowIN channels and efficiently engage with the rest of the team.
Interested in the emerging field of agroecology and regenerative agriculture and have your finger on the pulse in terms of how agricultural policy is evolving.
Able to drive and be able to give time to travelling across Northern Ireland for events, which will include being away from home in the evenings.
Passionate about the evolution of the farming industry in Northern Ireland and committed to making the GrowIN network a positive force for change.
Term: 1 year freelance contract (with option to extend)
Closing date: 23:59 on Monday 12th September 2022
Contract value: £11,000 (inclusive of any applicable VAT) over the contract’s length for 55 days’ work over the course of a year.
Location: Home based (applicants must be based in Northern Ireland or the border counties).
• Raise awareness of GrowIN amongst the farming communities of Northern Ireland
• Deliver an inspiring training and events programme for Northern Ireland farmers
• Support and attend farm walks and events across Northern Ireland delivered through
• Produce engaging web and social media content that shares the stories and innovations that
are happening on farms across Northern Ireland
• Develop a network of farming champions and case studies supporting farmer-led innovation
and research in Northern Ireland
• Be a first point of contact for people interested in becoming more
involved in GrowIN
• Reach 2000 farmers in Northern Ireland with GrowIN promotional activity
• Grow the GrowIN network from 100 farmers to 300 farmers
• Deliver 5 x farm walks, 3 x webinars and 2 x training days
• Produce 1 x bit of web or social media unique GrowIN content per week
• Recruit 5 x farming champions
• Articulate, engaging and accurate communication skills, both written and verbal, with the
ability to communicate confidently and effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
• Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to plan, prioritise and manage multiple tasks
• A strong background in farming and an active interest in farming issues.
• Strong IT and digital communication skills, with experience of writing content for social
• Comfortable working alone, and virtually, demonstrating initiative, self-direction and
motivation, and as part of a virtual networked team.
• Interest in the aims and ethos of FFCC.
To apply: Please send your CV and a one page cover letter, explaining why you are suitable for this role and your reasons for applying, to email@example.com