About the job
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the essential criteria and why you would like to work for Young Farmers' Clubs of Ulster to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 9am Thursday 8th February, with interviews anticipated to take place w/c 12th or 19th February.
- To support the delivery the annual YFCU programme of competitions and events, ensuring they are delivered within budget, and they meet the profitability targets set for the organisation.
- To work with the wider events team and attend evening and weekend events throughout the calendar year.
- To maintain and work to increase levels of participation in these events across all the counties of Northern Ireland.
- To assist in the delivery of further programmes of activity to directly support the key objectives identified by the YFCU Executive Committee (Government Departments, External Programmes).
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Assist in organising competitions and events in line with the annual programme.
a. Duties will include; recruitment of participants, processing competition entry forms, organisation of venues, recruitment of judges and stewards, management of telephone and email queries relating to events, and issuing information on events as requested.
b. Attendance at events to oversee the smooth running will be a key responsibility of the role.
2. Monitoring the budget for each of the event allocated.
a. Recording expenditure and reporting monthly to the Financial Administrator to ensure budgets are adhered to.
3. Work in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Executive to promote events through social media channels and traditional press
4. Gather stakeholder feedback on events delivered.
a. Monitor feedback and evaluation for each event.
b. Keep accurate records on attendance, participation and update database (CRM) accordingly
5. Assist with administration associated with the events and the wider team.
6. Assist with other HQ events.
a. Liaise with other members of the team as and when required.
7. Support in the organisation of ad hoc events when required.
8. Build and maintain strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
a. This will include Management, YFCU Committee, Members/ Volunteers, Sponsors (Companies), Stakeholders (DAERA and EA) and Schools.
9. Responsible for equipment related to the role.
a. Items include tundle, pop-ups, laptops & projectors, sports equipment, plaques and trophies.
10.Any other ad hoc duties within HQ and Events department
• Foundation Degree in Events Management or a related area.
• 2 years relevant experience in a similar position (this may be in a paid capacity work or voluntary based experience)
• Valid clean driver’s license and access to vehicle
• 3rd level Degree in Events management or related area.
• Experience of organising events individually or as part of a team.
• Experience of working in an office environment or an administrative position.
• Computer literate with good working knowledge of IT packages, including Outlook, Excel, Word and Survey Monkey.
• Experience of working with volunteers.
• Experience using CRM system.
Skills and Abilities
• Highly-organised and ability to manage time effectively and prioritise workload.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with good written and verbal communication
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under time constraints
• Willingness and eager to learn about YFCU
• Understanding of Agriculture in Northern Ireland and current issues affecting the industry.
• Capacity to work both as part of a team and on own initiative
• Ability to quickly adapt
• Interest in furthering personal relationships and knowledge of YFCU and wider sector
Access NI required
• Yes (This will be conducted by YFCU upon appointment)
Work related Travel
• Requirement to travel to events across Northern Ireland
• Working extended hours, beyond normal 9am-5pm
• Requirement to drive personal vehicle to events, which will result in longer driving periods into evenings/ nights
Health & Safety Risk Assessment
• Regular use of VDU
• Requirement of heavy lifting/ movement at events, in line with YFCU risk assessments
• Loading and unloading the car
• Office building has no access to lift, only single central staircase and will require physical effort in bringing items up and down stairs
• Working outside in all-weather elements including rain, hail and (on occasion) snow
(Appointee will receive branded clothing to attend events)
• YFCU employees receive a Membership Plus discount card - With Membership Plus, you can enjoy great savings with over 1,500 offers and discounts
• Employer matched pension contribution