Events and Communications Volunteer
About the job
Overview of Role
Young Farmers’ Clubs of Ulster (YFCU) are a member-led organisation with volunteers operating across Northern Ireland at club, county and national level. The organisation would like to welcome office-based volunteers to support the planning and delivery of events and communications for our exciting and dynamic, annual calendar of competitions and events. We do so much more than just farming, check out some of the things you could get involved with https://www.yfcu.org/competitions
This role offers the opportunity to support or manage a varied range of tasks and projects:
• Assist with organising competitions and events includingDrama, Arts, Sports, Educational and Agricultural.
• Opportunity to contribute to the marketing of events including via social media, traditional press, YFCU publications and internal member communications.
• Register competition entrants, recruit judges and stewards.
• Answer telephone and email queries, send out information on events as requested
• Assist in the organisation of equipment and administration in preparing for events.
• Attend events (where available / interested in doing so)
• Process competition results and manage feedback and evaluation for each event.
Note this role may be solely office -based or can include involvement in
events delivery depending on the interests/ availability of the
Location- 475 Antrim Road Belfast BT15 3BD
- Flexible 10 – 20 hours per week
-Initially for 6 weeks with the opportunity to continue following
Managed by Events Manager
Skills & Experience Required
• Enthusiastic and ability to contribute to team tasks
• Good communicator including via phone and email
• Interest in developing event planning and marketing skills.
• Confident in use of basic Microsoft packages
• Willingness to upskill in use of databases
• Previous experience of volunteering with events or marketing
• Knowledge of YFCU programmes and activities.
Training & Induction
• Overview of the YFCU
• Volunteer meet and greet
• Initial induction will include training on the following: office procedures, calendar of events, database training and events planning overview.
• Further training can be provided as required, based on projects arising and as volunteer interests are indicated.
Personal Development Opportunities
• Gain experience in the planning and delivery of events across a broad range of sectors.
• Develop skills in marketing and communications
• Meet new people
• Join a fun and welcoming team
• Develop communication skills
• Build confidence
• Add valuable experience to your CV
• Local travel costs from your home to the office or events will be reimbursed.
• Lunch expenses up to the value of £5 per day can be claimed when volunteering 5 hours+ per day
How to apply : Please email an expression of interest to: email@example.com
For more information about the Young Farmers Clubs’ of Ulster and the exciting range of events and activities, we get up to: