Assistant Production Manager - Powder
Dale Farm is a leading dairy company, selling into UK, Irish, and International markets. As a cooperative owned by over 1300 farmers, it is our mission to ensure we exude high standards throughout our processes, products, and people.
About the job
We wish to fill the following key position at our major cheese, whey and powder processing plant at Dunmanbridge near Cookstown. This is the largest processing diary site in Northern Ireland with an annual turnover of £200 million and processing in excess of 2 million litres of milk daily for the value added cheese retail market and sports nutrition whey and powdered milk.
Assistant Production Manager - Powder
A key member of the powder production team, taking responsibility for delivering best in class standards and performance in efficiency, output, quality and safety to satisfy and exceed customer requirements.
The role will involve milk planning, managing liquid despatches and powder production together with associated technical responsibilities to ensure best in call performance. The role will include shift work covering weekends.
• Manage all milk into Dunman site.
• Manage liquid product despatches.
• Deliver continuous process improvement to ensure targets are met and exceeded
• Deliver best in class manufacturing performance
• Meet production targets and KPI’s by optimising all aspects of the operational performance including efficiencies, cost, waste, yield and people.
• Manage food safety and quality assurance issues in conjunction with the Technical team.
• Develop and maintain the necessary systems, procedures, training and working practices to deliver best practice and meet the requirements of site management, group policies, accreditation bodies, customer requirements and statutory compliance. Ensure site is audit ready at all times.
• Ensure food safety is at the front of all manufacturing processes.
• Complete regular 5C activity to promote and minimise waste streams.
• Continuously review costs whilst still meeting production needs.
• Take responsibility for the co-ordination and utilisation of all production equipment to meet volume, food safety and quality targets and maximise efficiency and profitability.
• Carry out trials and R&D work on site in consultation with the NPD Manager.
• Responsible for developing continuous improvement Quality and Health and Safety culture and carrying out monthly review of department.
• Manage and coordinate projects within the department.
• Optimise plant performance by ensuring all plant and equipment is properly operated, maintained and cleaned to minimise downtime.
• Work in an interdependent way as part of the site management team on driving the business forward and accepting any other reasonable tasks.
• Degree or equivalent in food or engineering related discipline.
• You will have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant Food manufacturing experience.
• Experience of leading and managing a team.
• You will have a successful track record of developing a lean culture and delivering process improvements.
• You will have strong communication skills and be able to clearly demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate to a range of internal and external stakeholders.
• 5 years’ similar experience of powder processing.
• H&S responsibilities in a manufacturing environment.
• Competitive salary
• Company Pension Scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Private Health care
• Cycle to work Scheme
• Set and deliver best in class standards including personal behaviour
• Lead from the front in a calm controlled manner, ensuring clarity of purpose in times of uncertainty
• Develop a culture of change and improvement, whereby improvement opportunities are continually being identified and exploited. Demonstrate flexibility in day to day approach.
• Develop a culture of ownership, demonstrating ownership of your activity, and promote this to members of your team and all individuals on site
• Develop a culture of learning, be open to training, identifying and addressing weaknesses and learning new skills. Be confident and informed on all site activity.
• Develop a culture of openness, communicating effectively to colleagues and senior managers as well as to subordinates. Communicate clearly and concisely, demonstrating this by adoption of team briefs and improvement initiatives / groups. Highlight errors & problems at an early stage and being part of the solution to them.
To apply for this position and to learn more about the company, please visit our website www.dalefarm.co.uk/careers.
Only applications from EU Nationals or those with a valid permit to work in the UK will be accepted.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 21st January 2022
No unsolicited CVs from Agencies
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer