Assistant Events Executive
About the job
Assistant Events Executive
Role: Full-time, Fixed Term (ending on or before 1st March 2024)
Reports to: Events Manager
Location 475 Antrim Road, Belfast
To Apply: Applicants can apply for this position by sending a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by 9am, Monday 6th February.
Interviews: Date: Monday 13th February 2023,
Location: 475 Antrim Road Belfast.
-To support the delivery of the annual YFCU programme of competitions and events,
ensuring delivery within budget, and achievement of the organisations’ profitability
-To work with the wider events team and attend evening and weekend events
throughout the calendar year.
-Increase levels of participation in events across all the counties of Northern Ireland.
To assist in the delivery of further programmes of activity to directly support the key
objectives identified by the YFCU Executive Committee (Government Departments,
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Assist in organising competitions and events in line with the annual programme.
a. Duties will include; recruitment of participants, judges and stewards, processing competition entry forms, organisation of venues, liaising with external vendors, management of telephone and email queries relating to events, and issuing information on events as requested.
b. Attendance at events to oversee the smooth running will be a key responsibility of the role.
2. Monitoring the budget for each of the events allocated.
a. Recording expenditures and reporting monthly to the Financial Administrator to ensure budgets are adhered to.
3. Work in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Executive to
promote events through social media channels, YFCU website and traditional
4. Gather stakeholder feedback on events delivered.
a. Monitor feedback and evaluation for each event.
b. Keep accurate records on attendance and participation, and update the database (CRM) accordingly.
5. Assist with administration associated with the events and the wider team.
6. Assist with other HQ events.
a. Liaise with the wider staff and membership as and when required.
7. Support in the organisation of ad hoc events when required.
8. Build and maintain strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
a. This will include Management, YFCU Committee, Members/ Volunteers, Sponsors (Companies), Stakeholders (DAERA and EA) and Schools.
9. Responsible for equipment related to the role.
a. Items include trundle, pop-ups, laptops & projectors, sports equipment, plaques and trophies.
10. Any other ad hoc duties within HQ and Events department
• Valid clean driver’s license and access to vehicle
• Foundation Degree in Events Management or a related area.
• 2 years relevant experience in a similar position (this may be in a paid capacity or voluntary-based experience)
• 3rd level Degree in Events management or related area.
• Experience of organising events individually or as part of a team.
• Experience of working in an office environment or an administrative position.
• Computer literate with good working knowledge of IT packages, including Outlook, Excel, Word and Survey Monkey.
• Experience of working with volunteers.
• Experience using CRM system.
Skills and Abilities
• Highly-organised and ability to manage time effectively and prioritise workload.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with good written and verbal communication
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under time constraints
• Willingness and eager to learn about YFCU
• Understanding of Agriculture in Northern Ireland and current issues affecting the industry.
• Capacity to work both as part of a team and on own initiative
• Ability to quickly adapt
• Interest in furthering personal relationships and knowledge of YFCU and wider sector
Access NI required
• Yes (This will be conducted by YFCU upon appointment)
• Requirement to travel to events across Northern Ireland
• Working extended hours, beyond normal 9am-5pm
• Requirement to drive a personal vehicle to events, which will result in longer driving periods into evenings/ nights
Health & Safety Risk Assessment
• Regular use of VDU
• Requirement of heavy lifting/ movement at events, in line with YFCU risk assessments
• Loading and unloading the car
• Office building has no access to lift, only single central staircase and will require physical effort in bringing items up and down stairs
• Working outside in all-weather elements including rain, hail and (on occasion) snow
• YFCU employees receive a Membership Plus discount card With Membership Plus, you can enjoy great savings with over 1,500 offers and discounts
• Employer matched pension contribution