About the job
99 Kingsway, Belfast
£45,000 - £50,000 a year - Permanent, Full-time
• Additional leave
• Company pension
• Cycle to work scheme
• Enhanced maternity leave
• Free flu jabs
• Free parking
• Health & wellbeing programme
Due to an increase in workload, we are seeking an Accountant to join our busy and expanding
department. The successful candidate will manage the financial administration of the business, and
support the Divisional Accountant.
The Finance department is busy and fast moving, and our success is based on a mutually supportive
environment with an active focus on training and development.
This role is based at our Dunmurry office, with the successful candidate being able to benefit from Hybrid Working following their 3-6 month training period.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produce monthly and annual financial/management reports for Northstone
• Produce annual budgets
• Ensure compliance with HMRC VAT and construction industry specific tax legislation, and other
• Implement and ensure compliance with all accounting systems and control procedures, for
example Sarbanes Oxley
• Other duties commensurate with the job role as directed by the Northstone Divisional
• Liaising and working with senior management as required.
• Ad hoc project work
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Qualified accountant, with at least 2 years post qualified experience
• Competent user of the complete Microsoft suite
• Ability to take responsibility, ownership and to see matters through to a conclusion within
sometimes tight deadlines
• Capable of working on own initiative
• Developed organisational and administration skills, evidenced by the ability to prioritise, multitask and achieve deadlines
• Experience using an Integrated Accounting System
• Experience working within the construction industry
Your career at Northstone is built around you, we do this by offering bespoke career toolkits & pathways, mentor schemes. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes, Hybrid Working, 30+ days annual leave,
pension plan, health cash plan enrolment, enhanced maternity, family friendly policies, access to discounts, cycle to work scheme. 24/7 counselling and support health line, Wellbeing App, Company
Occupational Health, Annual Health and Well Being Events.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for CVs is Friday 2nd February 2024
The Company is committed to equality and diversity. It strives to be an employer of choice by creating a culture and working environment that is welcoming and inclusive for all individuals. Every individual has the right to be treated with respect and dignity in the workplace and this
includes protection against discrimination. Having greater diversity within our Company helps us perform much better and enable us to come up with innovative solutions. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.